Memorial Day Weekend makes me think of BBQ. Totally.
As a veg girl, the typical hotdogs and hamburgers won’t fly so my cute husband, Kevin, made these for me.
Grilled Tempeh Kabobs
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package of tempeh (8 oz. will do)
- 1 red pepper (sliced in 12/ inch thick pieces, longways)
- 1 small onion (sliced in 1/2 inch thick pieces, longways)
- 10 cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Let’s get to it:
- In a bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Add the tempeh, peppers, onions, and mushrooms to bamboo skewers.
- Place the skewered veggies and tempeh in a shallow baking dish. Make sure to have one layer.
- Evenly pour the marinade over the tempeh veggie skewers. Let them sit for at least 1 hour.
- Fire up the grill and add some oil on the grates if you need to. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Grill the tempeh veggie skewers on one side for about 5 minutes and flip. Make sure the tempeh is browned and hot throughout.
- Transfer to a plate and dig in.
Note: You can also bake these beauties. Just preheat oven to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes instead of grilling. Put the skewers in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over them. Make sure to flip after 15 minutes so you bake both sides.