The 21 Day Green Up Smoothie Challenge
When you get your fill of dark leafy greens, you also start to make connections between your body and mind. And you begin to let your body lead the way.
Joy F., a Green Up goddess says…
Now today’s smoothie recipe is quite sweet due to the apple, but it’s got an extra super food boost, too.
You can add hulled hemp seeds to your smoothie today because:
- protein and fiber in hemp combine to slow digestion, which prevents spikes in blood sugar and therefore sustains your body’s energy. Hemp also helps with digestion.
- you’ll feel fuller longer because of the protein and fiber. That way the vending machine at 3 pm won’t be so tempting.
- omega-3 fatty acids in hemp reduces the risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure, and may even ward off Alzheimer’s disease. Hemp seeds are one of the few Omega-3 sources found in the plant world.
- omega-6 fatty acids in hemp stimulate skin and hair growth, maintain bone health, regulate metabolism, and help the brain function.
- hemp seeds contain essential amino acids, which improves muscle control, mental function, and normal body maintenance of cells, muscle, tissues, and organs.
Blend ingredients and drink up!
Makes 24 oz.
What do you say?
Do you add hemp to your smoothies? What kind of creation do you make?
Share in the comments below.
PS. Join The 21 Day Green Up Smoothie Challenge and win a Vitamix blender! Get the deets and sign up. It’s fun. It’s free. It’s easy!