Skip to Content Skip to Main Navigation

Eggplant “Parmesan” Recipe

0 Comments

As a 90% Italian girl (the other 10% is Polish!), Italian cooking is in my blood.

Granted, I didn’t grow up cooking or even owning a pot in my twenties. BUT as I grew to love clean eating and how amazing it made me feel, grabbing a spoon and donning on my Antropologie apron with some Jack Johnson (or Drake, depending on my mood) tunes is something I look forward to;  a time to connect to my body as well as share something I created with love.

Gnocchi, rigatoni, gelato… the list is unlimited when it comes to yummy Italian foods.  My favorite is Eggplant “Parmesan,” and cleaning up this dish is so fun to do. AND delicious too!

Use these ingredients (all gluten-free and plant-based) and make a quick meal that satisfies your hunger and is clean at the same time.

Eggplant “Parmesan”

Ingredients:
2 eggplants, sliced vertically
1/4 cup rolled oats
4 shiitake mushrooms, chopped
½ onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup marinara sauce
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. basil
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Vegan and Gluten-free Eggplant Parmesan

Directions: Lightly salt eggplant slices and let sit for 10 minutes. Pat dry. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, in food processor mix rolled oats until finely chopped.

Spread out eggplant slices on parchment paper on a sheet pan and top with oats. Bake for 15 minutes. In the meantime, sauté onions and garlic in oil in medium saucepan for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, marinara sauce and red pepper flakes and simmer for 15 minutes.

 

 

Vegan and Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan

 

Add basil and season with salt and pepper. Remove eggplant from oven and top with sauce mixture. Return to oven for additional 5 minutes. Serve.
Serves 2-4

Vegan and Gluten-Free Eggplant Parmesan

What is your favorite Italian dish to clean up? Share with me and list the recipe, too!

PS. Egglant “Parmesan” is a signature recipes from the Eat Clean 21 Meal Plan Kit. And guess what? We are starting our next clean eating challenge on June 13th. Are you IN?

Here’s the scoop:

You’ll get the Eat Clean 21 Meal Plan kit immediately after signing up so you can start dabbling with recipes or even go full on with the menu plan (you get 3 weeks of plans, shopping lists and recipes) . Download it asap. All recipes include anti-inflammatory foods as well as plant-based and gluten-free. All recipes are 5 steps or less, 5 ingredients or less.

• Fit & Flush Cleanse is for 7 days. We will start the challenge with this cleanse. It consists of 3 days of liquids before lunch and 4 days of accelerated detox. BUT don’t worry about that detox word… it’s basically a whole foods cleanse but recipes and portions are focused on fat burning.

• You will get weekly fitness workouts to tone and strengthen your muscles during the challenge.

The Fit & Flush special bonus will be released June 10th so you can get ready for the challenge on June 13th. Everything is planned for you!

Click to sign up today >>>

Eat Clean 21 Meal Plan Kit

Sign up for weekly clean living tips and recipes PLUS get your Reboot Your Body Starter Kit complete with menu plan, recipes and shopping list! It’s Free!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Read More Reviews >>
As Seen In