Try this easy recipe for Chocolate-y Fudge Cakes. These tasty treats are gluten-free.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 oz dark organic chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 1 1/2 cups soft-cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 heaped cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist one 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt dark chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat with 1 tbsp water mixed in.
- Combine melted chocolate, beans, eggs, egg white, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, applesauce and honey in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir in walnuts and pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides, about 30 minutes. Top each piece with a dollop of Greek-style yogurt, if desired.
Can you believe there are beans in this dessert? Amazing! Let me know if you make these cakes.:)
Happy Valentine’s Day to YOU!