We are talkin’ EASE this year… I want us ALL to feel EASE in 2016. Are you with me?!
My wish for you in 2016 is EASE. It’s my guiding word for 2016 and I want to share it with you.
Ease with our relationships.
Ease with making decisions.
Ease with our food.
In addition to clearing away clutter in my house, I’ve been walking out of movies I don’t like, passing on social events that don’t WOW me, saying NO to all kinds of things. It feels good… hard to do at first, but the more you take care of myself, the EASE-y it becomes.
And I want to support you when it comes to your food… finding ease within your body.
As humans, we want balance, ease and on a physical level, our organs need this ease, balance, to help us live at an optimal level.
You want to be at a 7.365 most of the time. This means that your body is operating at a balanced level; keeping you healthy. The acidity from coffee, sugar, processed foods, etc… cause our blood cells to become inflamed. Acne, thyroid issues, depression, fatigue, hard to lose the last 10 pounds are common issues.
AND then over time, a long period of time in some instances, inflammation leads to chronic illness.
We want to prevent that at all costs. That’s where detox comes in.
A good cleanse can reset your body and bring it back to balance, to feel ease again.
It will be easier to lose weight, get control of your cravings, find more energy and plain ole stay off meds and feel amazing.
So how do you know if you need a cleanse?
Ask yourself these q’s:
- Do you have extra fluff, especially around the tummy, that won’t come off with exercise and diet?
- Do you get bloated after eating?
- Do you have headaches more than occasionally?
- Do you frequently feel gassy?
- Do you tend to feel lethargic during the day, especially late afternoons?
- Do you have allergies?
- Do you have cravings for sugar or carby foods?
- Do you experience anxiety or mood swings?
- Do you have a tough time remembering things or have “foggy brain?”
- Do you feel pain and/or stiffness in your joints?
- Do you have sleepless nights or insomnia?
- Do you feel addicted to foods that you know aren’t good for you… but you just can’t stop?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, it’s time to cleanse!
To allow your body to experience EASE, a safe, whole foods cleanse is recommended.
Skip acidic foods:
- processed foods, sugars, caffeine, dairy, gluten, animal protein, alcohol
AND add anti-inflammatory foods like fruits, veggies, dark leafy greens, avocados, nuts, seeds, lentils, hummus… I can go on and on!
If you need an EASE-y breakfast you can make day after day, packed with protein and anti-inflammatory ingredients, well, I have the best idea… Good Morning Fruit Salad.
This breakfast is straight out of my new cookbook, Go Clean, Sexy You, and it’s so delish not to mention Ease-y to make. PLUS EASE-y on your body. Score!
Good Morning Fruit Salad
1 banana, chopped
1 apple, sliced
1 Tbsp. sliced almonds
1 Tbsp. raisins
1 Tbsp. coconut flakes
1 Tbsp. flaxseeds
Mix all ingredients except flaxseeds in a bowl. Sprinkle flax over salad. Serve.
* I like to pour on coconut milk to make it a cereal.
What do you say?
What is your 2016 word? Share with me in the comments!
PS. So exciting! On Jan. 11th we will be detoxing!
You can choose to be with me all year long, cleansing for each season with the Clean + Sexy membership (Click here for details>>> ) . We will start with Winter Renewal 10 Day Detox. Read more!
Can’t wait to see you on Jan. 11th!
Oooooh, that’s a good one, Kimberly! Happy New Year!
Can’t wait for the 10 day detox and to try this!
Yes, yes! You will dig this breakfast! Do you have a guiding word for 2016? So thrilled you are in the Clean + Sexy posse! xo
JOY & CALM
Yessssssss! Both are perfect words for you. xo