Costa Rica Clean + Sexy Wellness Retreat
You’re a plane ticket away from unrolling your mat in paradise.
You know, when you take time to be still, eat well, move your body and create opportunities for a healthy, happy life, well, that is true bliss. And you shouldn’t wait a lifetime to find this elusive bliss. But unfortunately life can sweep you away from yourself. You always feel that there isn’t enough time, and you’re so unbelievably busy. Busy-ness is a painful epidemic sweeping over the world, especially in North America, leading us farther and farther away from ourselves.
You’re too busy to:
- make breakfast in the mornings;
- get your butt to yoga;
- sign up for that photography class you’ve been dying to take;
- eat dinner with your family; and
- listen to your partner without looking at your smartphone.
All kinds of self-care practices go out the window especially if you aren’t being mindful and aware of what is happening. And when you’re not taking care of yourself, you aren’t truly tuning into your body, mind and soul. So it’s time to take a break. A BIG break. Just for 5 days. 5 days to help you connect to your deep self again. How about immersing yourself in the rich, friendly, laid back culture, consistent surf and awesome food of Costa Rica? The ultimate vacation? Sounds simply perfect; to have time for yourself, to recharge in an atmosphere that supports your well-being.
Once you reclaim time for yourself, you’ll feel amazing immediately:
- greater vitality and more consistent energy;
- releasing anxiety and pressure to be everywhere and everything to everyone;
- calming nerves so you can truly relax in your bones, your cells;
- balanced pH level in your cells because you are not participating in inflammatory (stressful) situations as well as fueling your body with tons of healthy food;
- better, sound, restful sleep at night that will have you feeling rejuvenated;
- enhanced energy to keep you going through your day because you actually did something delightful, filled your soul;
- developing a bright and shiny outlook (sparkle in eyes); and
- feeling an overall sense of joyful happiness.
If you desire a chance to escape and immerse yourself in nature, all while reaping the benefits listed above, then we have an idea for you:
EXPERIENCE A DEEPER KIND OF WELLNESS… IN PARADISE!
Join holistic health consultant and founder of Whole Health Designs, Lisa Consiglio Ryan, and entrepreneur organic farmer, Eduardo Loria, for a life changing experience in pristine Costa Rica filled with yoga, meditation, and freshly prepared meals all designed to enhance your personal health and well-being. The Clean + Sexy Retreat will have the perfect mix of connection, simplicity (putting down your smartphone and being present) as well as rolling -wave- sand- in- your- toes beach time, offering you the most unique retreat experience.
There are retreats and then there are ESCAPES. There is a big difference. Clean + Sexy Retreat is an ESCAPE!
So WHY is Clean + Sexy Retreat unique?
1. Lisa has extensive training in health coaching as well as leading groups when it comes to self-care, detox, juicing, and overall wellness. Lisa has worked with thousands in her detox programs. You’ll get the opportunity to have one-on-one time with her, learn specific tools and strategies that will offer you immediate results as well as help you develop long-lasting habits when it comes to your health. You’ll have access to all her knowledge in person! Most retreats don’t incorporate holistic health practices as part of the experience. We do!
2. Eduardo is Costa Rican, so he knows the ins-and-outs of the country, culture, and he will take amazing care of all of us. In fact, he’ll make sure we all have organic raw chocolate on our pillows when we arrive. As an organic farmer, he knows the land like the back of his hand and will be highly involved in designing our delicious specialty meals, making sure we are set for snorkeling and surfing excursions (even zip lining!), and if you need anything, he is your go to.
3. There is no hotel food or tour buses here. You’ll be able to wake up, walk to beach with juice in hand, and do your Sun Salutations in the sand. Literally we are only a two minute walk from the beach. There is no set schedule where you HAVE to be somewhere. We will have an itinerary for you but you can choose to hang or not hang, whenever you want, whatever you want. Ahhh, feels good, doesn’t it?
4. During most vacations you eat a lot, drink a lot, don’t really sleep and exercise because you are scheduled for every hour, every day to hit the attractions. You come home tired. Heavier. Regretting the fourth margarita and “just one more dessert” on your last day. You feel like you need a vacation from your vacation. Not gonna happen with Clean + Sexy Retreat! You’ll be eating healthy meals, drinking healthy drinks, relaxing, resting, unplugging, as well as moving your body with yoga, SUP, hiking, swimming, surfing, etc… You’ll come home with high energy, lightness, ready to take on the world! Plus you’ll learn all kinds of techniques to keep the glow going for a long time after.
5. You don’t have to do ANYTHING! Really. As soon as you get off your plane, we will be waiting for you, with a healthy treat. We’ll take you to our private house. We’ll have all your meals prepared for you. All activities will be planned for you and you can choose if you want to do them or not. We will take you back to airport. No calling a cab. No ordering take out. No waiting in line to rent surfboards. No pressure. No planning on your part. No stress. We are taking care of it all. Escape!
Five days at Clean + Sexy Retreat will offer you life-enhancing rejuvenation that will introduce you to a new way of living, eating, as well as skills that will create positive change in your life going forward.
This retreat is a unique blend of yoga, nutritional education, meditation, delicious organic and locally grown food, juicing, hiking, beautiful crystal blue waters, creative arts and crafts, reading, dreaming, interesting and enlightening conversation. And most of all, an opportunity to hang out with like-minded people, take some time to breathe, relax and have a good time.
Want to know more? Totally!
Private Beach Houses located at the south end of Playa Guiones, Nosara.
Each new day in Nosara starts with amazing waves, the touch of nature, beautiful beaches and an extraordinary lifestyle. CNN, National Geographic Magazine, and many others, rank Nosara as one of the best travel destinations in the world. We rented a private secluded property, Villa Cortes, perched above the Pacific Ocean on the Northwest Coast of the Guanacaste region in Costa Rica. The native Cortes trees are prevalent throughout the area. These trees have a brilliant yellow flower that blooms in the dry season and is a favorite food of the howler monkeys. Mangoes are everywhere, and it’s fun to see the monkeys enjoying their snacks while you take the beach path to the water.
We will have three private houses for our retreat. The houses are strategically placed around the pool and amongst the surrounding tropical gardens. Each house has its own unique, colorful decor that easily fits into the laid back “Pura Vida” atmosphere of Nosara. The houses have views of the Pacific Ocean, the surrounding hills and rain forest. Because of its slight elevation, the property typically receives a nice ocean breeze. All houses have wifi, but keep in mind we are going to focus on connection as well as cleansing from our digital devices.:) Our retreat houses include:
- Kitchens (although Chef William will be doing all the cooking for us!)
- Baths with showers
- Air conditioning
- Outdoor showers
- Expansive porch
- Ocean and garden views
- TV with DVDs
- Hammock area
- Ceiling fans
- Organic sheets
- Masseuse on site
- Maid service
- Groundskeeper (Alex who will make sure we will be treated like goddesses)
- Beach path
While hummingbirds circle the blooming gardens, subtle sounds of the pool waterfall and the soothing waves crashing in the distance all make for a magical experience. Listed below are the facilities that are included:
Yoga pavilion: A 400 square foot, open-air multipurpose pavilion sits high above the pool and gardens. Made from local exotic hardwood, you’ll enjoy lovely ocean views and breezes while engaging in yoga, meditation, workshops. This ideal quiet, peaceful space allows the body to easily relax and be present.
Infinity Edge Pool: Centered in the middle of the property of Villa Cortes sits a stunning 20 meter infinity edge lap pool. It is surrounded by multiple flowering plants and lush gardens with an elevated recirculating waterfall that adds interest and beauty to the perfect relaxing vacation setting.
The Gardens: The gardens at Villa Cortes are highlighted with manicured walkways that wind through the intricate layout of the terraced property. This allows for natural privacy and a magical easy flow. You will see stone statues and beautiful vibrant bursts of color nearly every turn. These gardens are an ongoing project and passion for the owners of Villa Cortes. Amongst the long list of exotics and native plants are heliconias, bromeliads, gingers, orchids, crotons, ixoras, aralias, bamboo, coconut palms, fish tail palms, travelers palm, lipstick palm, bougainvillea, ferns, bananas, pineapple, papaya, herbs, and more.
Beach Access: The two minute walk down a maintained beach path leads you outside the gates of our villas, directly to the three miles of undeveloped, expansive beach and surf.
Here’s what’s included in the retreat:
* Master Bedrooms are now SOLD OUT.
Airfare to Costa Rica is NOT included so you are responsible for making arrangements for your flight. You will arrive on July 26th and get your flight home on Aug. 1st.
Clean + Sexy Retreat is a luxury trip with a laid-back vibe. We rented out private beach houses, with our very own chef and yoga instructor plus we will arrange for massages and all activities. This is NOT a trip with hotel food and tour buses. Heck no! You won’t need to do anything but come willing and ready to relax and be taken good care of once you land in Costa Rica.
Food and nutrition:
Meals are vegetarian and healthy, raw, all that good stuff. We can accommodate those with allergies as well as gluten-free. Juices for morning and afternoon snacks, smoothies made of fresh mango, guava, etc… Lots of nourishing delicious food to keep you well-fed. Our personal chef, Will, does a remarkable job of using produce grown locally, organic, as well as delicious.
Nutrition and Wellness Workshops:
Lisa will be leading fun interactive talks/demonstrations throughout the week that will cover food and healing, meal preparation and planning, forming healthy habits, self-care practices, detoxing, juicing, and more. The health and nutrition education, however, is not limited to the workshops but will be experienced first hand within the amazing surrounding environment, during yoga, meditation and our group as we site down to dine together.
- Eating for Beauty: You are what you eat. What we eat and drink determines how we feel and look. Get the GLOW and learn how to eat for beauty from the inside out. Find out how to incorporate foods that enhance your beauty, such as grapefruit is a fat-burner, cucumbers prevent wrinkles… Discuss which super foods can add vibrancy and beauty to your life as well as learn nutrition tips for easing food and sugar cravings as well as tapping into your body wisdom as a guide when and what to eat.
- Juice and Blending: During this interactive class, learn the benefits of juicing and blending, what equipment you will need, and how to organize your kitchen. Find out what juicer and blender to use, how to clean up (yes, it can be messy but get the fast tricks for easy cleaning), how to juice on the road, and the difference between juicing and blending. We’ll make delicious drinks and surely enjoy sipping them!
- Journey to Wholeness: How to support the body, mind and soul with dietary changes, keys to hormonal balance, making choices from a place of wisdom and inner guidance.
- Clearing Clutter with Feng Shui: Clutter in your environment is directly linked to illness. Discover 5 techniques you can implement in your kitchen, pantry as well as your closet so you feel lighter, healthier and free.
- Journaling: Expand your writing practice by tapping into new, creative, healthy habits. Learn to experience the power of writing as meditation, 3 simple tricks to fit journaling in your busy day, and find ways to access the wisdom of your body, your creativity by setting the judgement-mind aside.
*Topics will also be adjusted based on the group’s needs and wants in regards to the nutrition and wellness workshops with Lisa. *All group members will be invited to join the Clean + Sexy Membership and Detox Package program where you get to be with Lisa and a group of like-minded women after your trip. You can continue your wellness journey with support. Summer Raw Renewal 7 Day Detox and Fall Renewal 10 Day Detox are included with your package. Lisa is committed to making sure you keep the glow and continue learning about how to nourish your body long-term.
Yoga and Meditation: Guided by our own personal yoga teacher, classes will not only be tailored to the average skill level but will focus on rejuvenation, relaxation and fun. Choose to attend Sunrise and/or Sunset yoga each day of your retreat. Meditation, breathing, gratitude will also be practiced during the sessions.
You can also participate in… hiking… snorkeling… surfing (the best surf schools around!)…
SUP (stand up paddle board) zip lining (if you dare!)
and we’ll have bonfires during the evenings…anything that promotes play as well as relaxation and even learning something new. All equipment will be part of the program so no need to seek out buying anything. We got you covered! Plus the sunsets in Costa Rica are out of this world! We plan to do many sunset activities on the beach so we can experience the sunsets as much as possible.
*Photo credits: Abbie at Villa Cortes
Arrive July 26th. We will greet you at the airport with hugs and hellos. Then we’ll all jump in the shuttle that will take use to our beach house. A scrumptious welcome dinner will be waiting for you. We’ll have a Kick-Off greeting as well as meet fellow retreat goddesses. We’ll dive into our retreat activities on July 27th with Sunrise Yoga. July 27-July 31st is at our beach house, relaxing, connecting, participating in activities, playing,etc… August 1st we will take you to the airport in the morning for your flight home.
General Daily Itinerary:
- 8:00–9:00 am Sunrise Yoga on the beach
- 9:15–10:30 am Juices/Breakfast
- 10:30 am–12:00 pm Nutrition Workshop/Fun with Lisa
- 12:15–1:45 pm Lunch
- 2:00–6:30 pm Activity/Snacks/ Smoothies (Snorkeling, SUP, lounging, surf lessons, hula hoops, frisbees, etc…)
- 6:30–8:00 pm Dinner
- 8:00 pm–Night activity (Meditation/Sunset Yoga/Satsang, bon fire, etc…)
All accommodations, meals, and activities are included in your Clean + Sexy Wellness Retreat package.
All sounds AMAZING!
So how do you get signed up?
Secure your spot:
- Choose your package and Click BUY NOW button. You will be taken to the checkout section.
- Purchase your spot with $500 non-refundable deposit. This deposit will be included in your total package price (ex. $1,600 package minus your deposit will be $1100 for your balance). Your deposit goes toward your package price.
- BRING A FRIEND FOR AN EXTRA $250 OFF YOUR RESERVATION! Your friend will also receive $250 off their reservation. Once you pay your deposit, we will deduct $250 off your total balance.
- You’ll receive a welcome letter with specific information about The Clean + Sexy Wellness Retreat including payment options and tips on flights, etc…
What happens after I pay my deposit? After you secure your spot, we will be in touch with you on how to pay the remaining balance. You have 2 options:
- Pay your balance in full with one payment. The total cost of the trip will depend on your accommodation choice.
- You can choose a payment plan. We will work with you on the best way to complete installments. We are here to support you so don’t let this stop you from making memories that last a lifetime. There will be 3 installments.
What if you change your mind or can’t come? Bummer, we will miss you but you will receive a refund less the deposit IF done before June 15th. After June 15th you can transfer your spot to a friend or loved one, but we will not be able to offer a refund.
Oh, you’re probably wondering, “Who is leading this fabulous retreat?”
Meet your guides, Lisa and Eduardo:
Lisa Consiglio Ryan, who is crazy excited to lead this adventure, is the founder of Whole Health Designs, juicy clean living advocate and mama of two. She loves her yoga practice, running, and has a mission to spread the word, “Food is love.” She provides detox programs and private coaching for those who desire to embrace clean living. As a Certified Health and Nutrition Coach, Lisa has worked with thousands in her Renewal 10 Day Detox programs. Her work has been featured in tons of places like Fitness Magazine, TinyBuddha, Elephant Journal, Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Life , The Daily Meal, and Mind Body Green. Lisa also started her new membership program, Clean + Sexy 2014 (year-long detox + community) so she can do LIVE events (i.e. including Costa Rica Retreat!) and hug her community members in person. Lisa developed Kickin’ It Clean gluten-free meal plans for plant lovers and started her local Juice Shop in order to bring cold-pressed, organic juice to her town.
Eduardo Loria has lived in Costa Rica his whole life. He is an Organic Farmer turned writer/seeker of questions. He’s climbed Kilimanjaro, swam with white sharks and has a 1 year old Boston Terrier called Pepe. He is the logistics man who will make sure everything runs perfectly and we have the best time possible (ie. you get enough organic chocolate).
Our fabulous chef, Will Ayre, studied Culinary Arts at George Brown College in Toronto, Canada. He has worked as a cook at Richmond Station, Acadia and 416 Snack Bar (some of the best restaurants in Toronto). He also worked as a sous chef at Earls Kitchen + Bar (the highest grossing restaurant in Canada/massive food sales) and is opening his own restaurant in Playas Del Coco, Costa Rica.
Our superstar yoga teacher, Hayley Macmillan-Ord. has been involved with the Healing Arts for 21 years. Her Yoga practice started at age 17 at the recommendation of her sports doctor to help heal an injury. She was hooked from the get go and has been practicing and teaching ever since. She teaches all disciplines of yoga but specializes in Yin, Aerial, and Yamuna Bodyrolling. Her background is in the healing Art of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. Before moving to Costa Rica, Hayley owned her own yoga studio and had a private practice of TCM and Acupuncture in the Cayman Islands. Hayley and her husband Iain moved to Nosara, Costa Rica in 2002 and founded the Private Bilingual Montessori School, Del Mar Academy in 2007. Here they raise their three children, Oceanna, Skye and Solace. Hayley teaches her regular yoga classes at Harmony Healing Centre and Nosara Wellness Centre.
Have some Q’s? I got the A’s for you.Don’t see your Q and A, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What does my retreat include? There’s so much included where do we begin. All lodging (6 nights at private beach accommodations), transportation from and to the airport, 5 inspiring, educational and delicious nutrition/wellness workshops, two yoga classes per day (all yoga equipment and accessories included), three delicious vegetarian meals a day complete with fresh juices, smoothies and detoxifying snacks, and an amazing time sure to make everyone back home jealous.
Q: Can I bring a friend or two with me? Sure thing! If you do, you BOTH will receive an extra $250 off your reservation. Woo hoo! We arrange for you both to be together for room assignments.
Q: Will have I have my own room? Rooms are shared (double occupancy or 4 per room), but if you prefer a single room, there are two more available at this time. You can totally come by yourself, no need to bring someone UNLESS you want to have a friend join you. If so, you’ll both receive an additional $250 off of your reservation.
Q: Is my $500 deposit refundable? The $500 deposit is non-refundable.
Q: What happens after I pay my deposit? Can I pay in installments? After you secure your spot, we will be in touch with you on how to pay the remaining balance. There are 2 payment options. Pay your balance in full with one payment. Or there is a payment plan we will work out with you that consists of three payments.
Q: What happens if I can’t come or change my mind? You will receive a refund less the non-refundable deposit IF done before June 15th. After June 15th you can transfer your spot to a friend or loved one, but we will not be able to offer a refund.
Q: What will I be eating? I have allergies and food restrictions. Meals vegetarian and healthy. Food allergies and gluten-free diets can be accommodated. Lots of nourishing delicious food to keep you well-fed.
Q: I’m looking to have some alone time on my retreat. Is this possible? There are plenty opportunities for self-care practices you envision for each day. This is YOUR retreat so take time to reflect, journal, read or just nap.
Q: Is my flight included or do I have to book my own flight down to Paradise (i.e. Costa Rica)? Yes. We will handle all the transportation when inside Costa Rica, but you have to get to Costa Rica on your own. This also gives those that want to come a bit early, or stay a bit longer, the opportunity to that.
Q: What destination airport should I be looking at for flights? Liberia, Costa Rica Airport (LIR)
Q: What will I get to eat? Vegetarian. Simple. Local. Healthy meals. We are in Costa Rica so think: lots of fresh fruit, smoothies, clean, organic as often as possible.
Q: What were the dates again? July 26 – August 1. We start in the afternoon of July 26th (pickup from airport) and drop you back off at the airport on the afternoon of August 1st.
Q: What is the electronics and wifi policy on the retreat? The idea of the retreat is to return to the connection with ourselves, others and nature. Rather than emails, we want sunrise yoga. Rather than conference calls we want meditation in the forest. Rather than facebook we strive for real human conversations. With that end we will be limiting wifi and electronics usage while on the trip. Of course, there will always be phones and internet available for emergencies. And…. it’s only for a week 🙂
Q: Is this a trip only for the “athletic type?” No. This is a trip for the “I care about my health and well being type.” While there will be a lot of opportunities to go on hikes, snorkel, yoga, surf, etc, they are all voluntary. If you are athletic, there are tons of activities offered for you as well.
Q: What time should I arrive on Saturday, July 26th? Most flights arrive at Costa Rica towards the early afternoon so we chose a departure time a little later so that you wouldn’t have to wake up at 4 am – doesn’t really get you in the relaxed state. Our shuttle departure time from is 6:30 PM so depending at what time you arrive you might have to wait a little for the shuttle to leave. We’ll have someone greeting everyone at the airport and we’ll have a place to hang out while we all wait for the shuttle: food, wifi, bathrooms, etc.) Please, please make sure your flight arrives before 6:30 PM as that is when the shuttle leaves.
Q: What if I want to travel around before or after the retreat? The meeting and drop off point for the program is the international airport. If you want to get here and explore before – great! We can even recommend some places! You will however have to find your own way to the airport for the shuttle departure. Staying after? Great! We’ll drop you off at the airport so you can keep exploring.
Q: Do I need a visa? USA/Canada Passport: No. Others: check for your country here: http://www.visitcostarica.com/ict/paginas/informacionturistica.asp.
Q: Do I need to speak Spanish? No. Classes, activities and the retreat will all be in English. You can start practicing for fun though!
We are so thrilled about all the fun we have in store for you. The best part is that you get time away, to be still, to really connect to that gorgeous body of yours. In just less than a week you will lighter, energized and glow from head to toe, inside and out. You’ll create memories that will last a lifetime! We’d love to share this amazing experience with you. We can wait to see you at The Clean + Sexy Retreat!