The 21 Day Green Up Smoothie Challenge
Week 3 here we come! It’s been amazing blending it up with over 3,000 gorgeous souls this December!
On our 15th day, we are using pomegranate to sweeten things up. And to add extra power to your green smoothie.
- The moost powerful anti-oxidant of all fruits
- Potent anti-cancer and immune supporting effects
- Lowers cholesterol and other cardiac risk factors
- Lowers blood pressure
Berry Pomegranate Green Smoothie calls for juice.
I suggest avoiding any juices that are packed full of sugar so check labels.
It’s better nutritionally as well as cost effective to juice your own pomegranate.
HOW TO JUICE A POMEGRANATE
- Place your pomegranate seeds in a blender.
- Pulse the seeds a few times to break them apart and release their juice. Don’t blend them for a long period of time, or the seeds will break apart and create cloudy juice.
- Use a mesh strainer to strain the pomegranate liquid into a container.
- Use the back of a spoon to push against the pomegranate pulp and extract as much juice as possible.
- Chill if you want and enjoy.
Usually 1 pomegranate has up to 100 or mores seeds and yields approximately 1/2 cup juice.
Go ahead and make it!
Blend all ingredients and drink up!
Makes 24 oz.
Join The 21 Day Green Up Smoothie Challenge and win a Vitamix blender! Get the deets and sign up. It’s fun. It’s free. It’s easy!
I just toss all the pomegranate seeds right in the blender with the rest! Going to try some spirullina in the mix today!
Beautiful, Vickie! I do the same exact thing!